Friday, June 27, 2008

Zillow

For the latest exercise we were asked to explore one of the sites on the Web 2.0 awards list. I chose to explore Zillow. I am familiar with Realtor.com and this is a similar site, however it offers street, aerial and hybrid views of the properties listed. I had a feeling that Realtor.com has more listings than Zillow, so I did a quick comparison search. On both sites I did a search for properties with my zip code and price spans of $150K - $200K. Zillow had 157 results and Realtor.com had 240. I didn't take the time to see if any properties were listed on both sites. As for library applications for this, I guess if a patron was in the market for a new home, I would recommend searching both sites.

1 comment:

Eddie Stewart said...

You should also check out PropertyMaps. It's a google maps/mls/realtytrac mashup that has had accurate information. I've used a lot of sites and really like this one. Thanks for the update.