Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recycled Butterflies

I messed around on Flickr two weeks ago and searched for photos of butterflies. I saw what I expected to see, photographs of live butterflies on various plants, but I also found something unexpected: pictures of butterfly crafts.

I never considered Flickr as a source of ideas for storytime craft projects, but there they were! I saw pictures of children of all ages working on butterfly craft projects using various materials. My favorite craft was created by an adult:

"Weekend Creative: Punch Collage" http://www.flickr.com/photos/aliedwards/2250158125

This is a clever way to use that butterfly paper punch that hasn't seen the light of day since I bought two years ago and threw it in a drawer of craft supplies. This fall, I am planning a recycled books project and this craft idea offers a great way to re-use magazine and newspaper pages.

No comments: